Learn about shibari/kinbaku and hojojutsu during this presentation about rope bondage in Japanese culture from an American perspective. Presentation followed by an informative overview covering safety and risk awareness concerning rope play with hands on workshop where participants learn several knots, hitches, and forms such as single and double column ties, simple hog-tie and shrimp-tie, speedy body harness, and more. No partners required. Rope kits are available for purchase ($20/kit) or you may bring your own 1x10ft and 1x30ft lengths to use. No lending rope will be provided.
- Suitable For: anime, gaming, and other genre conventions/events 18+ programming
- Suggested Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours) – 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Format: Lecture, Demonstration, Hands-On
- Participant Minimum Skill Level: Beginner
- Tech Requirements: Projector with VGA input, VGA cable, Power Outlet
- Space/Setup Requirements: Lecture or Classroom Style WITH Open Floorspace
- Provided By Presenter: Supplies (available for purchase), iPad, 30 pin to VGA adapter, VGA cable (upon request), Extension Cord (upon request), HDMI to VGA adapter (upon request)
- Parties Involved: Traeonna (Presenter), TBA (Demonstration Assistant/s)
- Compensation: This class is typically presented under special arrangement; typical compensation requirements are more flexible. At minimum, admission to convention/event for day(s) presenting for Presenter and 1-2 Demonstration Assistant/s.