Learn how to develop an active meditation practice using a hula hoop that will encourage movement and self-expression, calm your mind and increase your energy, relieve stress, and expand your state of awareness. Participants will learn several on and off the body techniques, transitions, and tricks that will help improve your coordination and balance in this low-impact, low exertion workshop. Hoops will be available for purchase starting at $10/hoop (regardless of size). A 42″ diameter (3/4″ tubing) will be used as a standard for on-core hoop work. A 36″ diameter (1/2″ tubing) will be used as a standard off-core hoop work. No lending hoops will be provided.**
- Suggested Duration: 150 minutes (2.5 hours) – 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Format: Lecture, Demonstration, Hands-On
- Participant Minimum Skill Level: Beginner
- Space/Setup Requirements: Open Floorspace (each student will need approximately 7’x7′ working space)
- Provided By Presenter: Hoops (available for purchase)
- Parties Involved: Traeonna (Presenter)
- Compensation: Please review Booking page.
** Suggested Hoop Sizes: On-core hoops are approximately 40”-44” in diameter, 1/2″-3/4″ inner diameter tubing or less, and weighs no more than 2 lbs. Off-core hoops are approximately 32”-36” in diameter, 1/2″ inner diameter tubing or less, and weighs no more than 2 lbs. Hoops not meeting these requirements will not be allowed to be used unless discussed with instructor prior to class.
** Suggested Attire: Wear comfortable, close-fitting clothing such as yoga pants and tank tops. Clothing made of natural fibers such as cotton or linen or natural fiber blends are best. Avoid slippery fabrics such as polyester or other synthetics. Comfortable footwear such as sneakers or dance shoes are encouraged, but stocking or bare feet may also be allowed.