Lecture where participants will learn about rope safety, risk awareness, and care for before, during, and after a rope experience. Hands-on workshop where participants will learn foundation knots, hitches, frictions, and forms to form a solid base from which they can start their rope journey. Participants will then learn how to apply those foundation components to create several different structures in order to explore the many possibilities of these basics in practice as well as adaptations for limited flexibility and other concerns. Rope kits are available for purchase ($20/kit) or you may bring your own 1x10ft and 1x30ft lengths to use. No lending rope will be provided.
- Suggested Duration: 90 minutes (1.5 hours) – 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Format: Lecture, Demonstration, Hands-On
- Participant Minimum Skill Level: Beginner
- Space/Setup Requirements: Open Floorspace
- Provided By Presenter: Supplies (available for purchase)
- Parties Involved: Traeonna (Presenter), TBA (Demonstration Assistant)
- Compensation: Please review Booking page.